Sunday 24 August 2014

My "ice bucket" challenge, challenge

I can understand the need to raise money and awareness for good causes. However, why just a one off, "ice bucket" challenge? 

Most days of my life, I show compassion for others in one way or another. I volunteer, I do pro bono legal work, I do impromptu youth and social work, and when someone needs my help, I do what I can for them. At times, this can be challenging, and people keep asking me why I do it, as there is no reward involved and I'm not taking pictures or video for you tube.

So, here is my my challenge to all my friends; compassion for others is more than having a bucket of water thrown over your head, and being filmed for you tube, it should be part of your way of life. 

If we all cared a little more about our fellow human beings in our daily lives, then there would be no need for the one offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment